Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dating and Engagement (but not marriage)

(original post on myspace)

Monday, June 05, 2006

Dating and Engagement (but not Marriage)
Current mood: tired
Category: Romance and Relationships

Ok, so today I discovered that yet another friend is engaged. August 15th.
I guess this whole mindset started when I explained to a dear friend that I, like every other girl, am working my way towards marriage. I was taken aback when he asked who the lucky guy was. Great question, Fish. Haha. The question really made me think about a lot of things.
First thing, it freaks me out that everyone is getting engaged. It's a concept I can't really comprehend. Don't get me wrong, I've helped with my sister's wedding, and my best friend's date is rapidly approaching. I still can't imagine being engaged or even in a relationship. I didn't really start dating till about six months ago, and...to think people younger than me, a girl I went to high school with, was engaged at that time, and married now.
It's enough to make anyone wonder what's really going on, and if this is normal.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes all you can do is cry in the shower and think about Star Wars

Amie said...

Don't worry about feeling like one of the only people not married yet. Enjoy it! Marriage is fun but its not to be taken lightly. By the way, mom told me about your trip to the waterfall. Smooth move! Did you break both your ankles or just one? I'll see ya in a week of two when Trestin flies home. Oh, and I'm sorry I blew you off to get ready for my camping trip. Those certain people got on our nerves so bad. Karma I suppose.